Webinar: Måns Magnusson (Uppsala) September 29
13 september, 2021
The first webinar of the Fall term is given by Måns Magnusson (Uppsala)
- When: September 29, 2021, 11.00 – 12.00
- Where: Zoom https://liu-se.zoom.us/j/63898069754
- Titel: Statistical analysis of large textual data
- Abstract: During the last 20 years, large-scale textual data has become more common in social science and the humanities, such as parliamentary proceedings, extensive newspaper collections, or large corpora of books. Many models, originated in fields such as natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning, have become more and more popular for measuring meaning in large corpora. In this presentation, I will go through some common models used to analyse textual data and point to many of the problems still open in this new field of statistical research.
Outlook: The second webinar will be given by Jeff Steif (Chalmers & GU)
- When: November 29, 2021, 11.00 – 12.00
- Where: Zoom (link to come)
- Title: Where to stand when playing darts?