At Sobi, we are dedicated to transforming the lives of people with rare diseases. Are you strategic, analytical and delivery focused? Do you want to make a real difference for people around the world through the role as a senior statistical scientist in the rare disease area? Sobi is now expanding and are looking for a senior statistical scientist with experience from life-science
In your role as a Senior Statistical Scientist you will be a key player in cross-functional program teams consisting of Clinical Program Leaders, Medical Directors, Safety physicians and other experts. In this team you are responsible for the statistical aspects of program activities, e.g. in defining the target product profile and the corresponding clinical development plan, for strategic planning and performing regulatory interactions, and in the development, review and approval of statistical analysis plans.
You will work closely and partner with External Service Providers since the operational work in clinical studies performed by Sobi often is outsourced.
Your key tasks include:
– Proactive participation in the creation of Target Product Profiles and Clinical Development plans in the assigned projects.
– Active participation in the planning, design and analysis of clinical studies and programs.
– Strategic and statistical input to interactions and meetings with regulatory authorities.
– Provide statistical expertise in interactions with key opinion leaders.
– Provide statistical leadership and coordination to statisticians working in the project.
– Establish and maintain company standards for good statistical practices and ensure standards are being followed internally and externally
– Collaborate with internal statisticians to drive best practices and implement new initiatives
– Stay informed of developments in new statistical methodology and statistically related guidelines and regulations through literature review and attendance at workshops and professional meetings
To be successful in this role we see that you have a BSc. and preferably a MSc. or PhD in mathematical statistics, statistics or equivalent. We see that you have at least 5 years of experience in life-science, preferably within the design and analysis of clinical studies at a pharmaceutical company or similar.
Previous experience from working with External Service Providers in the area of out-sourced clinical studies, experience from regulatory interactions and from planning studies in rare diseases is meritorious.
You should have excellent written and oral communication skills in English since Sobi has a multinational environment.
As a person we see that you have a strategic mindset, strong communication and interpersonal skills as well as being an excellent team player. Moreover, you should be an analytical person who can see the big picture while still paying attention to details.
The position is located either in Stockholm, Sweden or Basel, Switzerland.
This position is a permanent position reporting to Mårten Vågerö, Head of Biostatistics, Data Management and Medical Writing.
For application and more information:
If you believe the position matches your qualification and ambitions, please send us your application and resume, no later than June 8, 2020, using the link below
For questions, please contact Mårten Vågerö, via email email@example.com, or via phone + 467074310271.
Sobi is a specialised international biopharmaceutical company transforming the lives of people with rare diseases. Sobi is providing sustainable access to innovative therapies in the areas of haematology, immunology and specialty indications. Today, Sobi employs approximately 1,300 people across Europe, North America, the Middle East, Russia and North Africa. In 2019, Sobi’s revenues amounted to SEK 14.2 billion. Sobi’s share (STO:SOBI) is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. You can find more information about Sobi at Sobi.com